- A Major OEM acquired legacy assets from Nortel and needed an experienced technical partner to help them continue their support of Nortel’s TDM partner portfolio without investing in the engineering support typically required to manage an existing product line
- The OEM needed supply chain support including order management, inventory control, product assembly and frame integration all managed by a trained Nortel trained teamThe goal was to deliver OEM Quality product seamlessly to the OEM’s customer.
- After negotiating the appropriate MSA and developing an acceptable SOW with the necessary protections for both parties , Phoenix absorbed the required intellectual property to properly order, assemble, and integrate the legacy product
- Phoenix built an electronic interface and a “customer specific” order management tool to communicate seamlessly between the organizations
- Phoenix assembled its team of experienced Nortel engineers and trained them on the product line/program requirements
- Phoenix began order management, inventory control, product assembly, and product testing with 3 months of product launch.
As a result of Phoenix’s experience, technical strength and commitment to delivering a quality solution, the OEM realized multiple benefits:
- Sharper strategic focus on deploying new technologies versus maintaining legacy technology
- Lower delivered product costs due to Phoenix’s lower Engineering/Overhead costs
- Lower Inventory investment through the use of Phoenix strategic sourcing lowering maintenance spares and repair costs.
- A very satisfied set of customers who can extend the life of their legacy networks!