Responsibility: Reporting to the Director of Engineering or a member of his staff, the Detail (IPE or OPE) Engineer position will be responsible for creating detailed engineering documents for access networks and peripheral 3rd party touch points for Central Office, Hut and Cabinet environments. The role is to interpret Layer 1-3 network diagrams and site survey information to determine placement of new equipment, parts required for installation, cables type and connections, power equipment needs, outside cabinet modifications and cooling requirements.
Position: The duties of this position include:
- Create installation package deliverables for each site, including detailed installation instructions, cable running lists, rack elevation drawings, bills of material, etc.
- True-up all installation plans with design engineering team, and adjust as necessary
- Provide completed installation packages to Project Managers and installation teams
- Provide input/advice to design engineering and field teams as needed
- Provide support to field installation and turn-up teams as networks are installed and turned-up to answer questions, modify plans, update documents, etc.
- Train new engineers as needed
- Raise design issues and assist in determining solutions
- Communicate work status via tracking spreadsheet and phone calls
- Obtain and maintain technical training and certifications
The success of this position will be measured by the following criteria:
- Manage project documentation from initiation to closure.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Resourceful disposition, able to work independently
- Providing a high level of engineering, technical or project support
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving and organization skills
Travel: There will be moderate (Approximately 20%) travel required and working hours are from 8:00am EST to 5:00pm EST.
Type of Job: Full Time: _X__ Part Time: ___ Contactor: _X__ Other: ____
Education/ Skill Requirement:
- Central Office, remote Hut, CEV, and remote Cabinet telecom experience a must
- Experience with and thorough understanding of telecom installation practices
- 2+ years of detail engineering, with 4+ years of telecom experience required
- Working knowledge of access networks product portfolio or similar telecom equipment/technologies
- Experience working with telecommunications networks, including FTTP, xDSL, IP, voice, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Visio
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, IP, FTTx, ATM, xDSL, T1/T3 or GR-303
Internal Training Required:
Refer to Quality Management System and supervisor for required quality training, company provided, OJT and employee self-training.